Social shopping allows your followers to explore and purchase your SlerpSpace's products directly on your Instagram feed on their mobiles. Once set up (see below) you can post a picture, tag the featured products and enable your followers to purchase it in just a few clicks. It's a powerful way to turn scrolling into sales.
Promotes a quicker buyer journey
Encourages purchase whilst browsing
Improves customer experience
Easy product discoverability
Set Up Guide:
You will need to set yourself as 'admin access' in the permission settings to be able to set up your Instagram shop.
Make sure you follow the steps to verify your domain before starting the setup of your Instagram catalogue. Please follow the steps here.
Click '+ Add Catalogue' and then choose 'E-Commerce' as your catalogue type and name your catalogue 'SlerpSpace'.
Choose the 'Upload Product Info' option.
Once the catalogue is created choose 'Add manually' and follow the steps to upload your product CSV file and complete the steps.
At this point, you’ll need to submit your account for review. These reviews usually take a couple of days, but sometimes it might run longer. Note: You may be notified that additional information is required to verify ownership of your SlerpSpace domain. If you receive this notification, follow the steps to complete Facebook's domain verification process to submit your account for review. Learn more here.
Once your account is approved, you can turn on shopping features on the Instagram app. Note: If you don't see Shopping in your settings, your account is probably still under review or hasn't been approved for Instagram Shopping.
- Go to your business's Instagram profile and tap
- Select 'Settings'.
- Tap "Business" and then tap 'Shopping'.
- Select the 'catalogue' that you want to connect to your account.
- Select 'Done'.
Now you can tag products within an Instagram post, start by uploading a photo as you normally would and follow the below instructions before posting:
- Tap 'Add photo'.
- Add a caption.
- Tap on 'Tag products'.
- Tap on photo.
- Search for product.
- Select product.
- Tap 'Done'.
- Tap 'Share'.
You can tag up to five products per post — that goes for video posts too.
Shoppable Instagram posts will feature a shopping bag icon in the bottom left corner. All the products your account has tagged will appear on your profile under the Shopping tab. Note: When you get over 10k followers you will be able to tag products in stories.
Instagram Shopping Guides
One of the latest features on the app, Instagram Guides are like mini-blogs that live on the platform. Note: For users with an Instagram Shop, this can be a great way to promote products with a bit of an editorial angle: think gift guides by occasions s or a recipe book of your popular dishes.
1. From your profile, click the plus symbol in the upper right corner.
2. Select Guide.
3. Tap Products.
4. Search by account for the product listing you’d like to include. If you’ve saved the product to your wishlist, you can find it there also.
5. Select the product you’d like to add and tap Next. You can choose to include multiple posts for a single entry if available. They will be displayed like a carousel.
6. Add your guide title and description. If you would like to use a different cover photo, tap Change Cover Photo.
7. Double check the pre-populated place name, and edit as needed. If you wish, add a description.
8. Tap Add Products and repeat steps 4–8 until your guide is complete.
9. Tap Next in the upper right corner.
10. Tap Share.